Here is a list of recently published titles of interest on the topics of children, media, and health:
- Examining Identity in Sports Media by Heather L. Hundley and Andrew C. Billings (2009)
This book investigates how various identity groups are framed, treated, affected, and shaped by a ubiquitous sports media, including television, magazines, film, the Internet, and newspapers.
- Influences of Mediated Violence. A Brief Research Summary by Cecilia von Feilitzen (2009)
The author has attempted to address the impact of mediated violence, with particular emphasis on the influence of video and computer game violence and violence on the internet.
- Media and Youth: A Developmental Perspective by Steven J. Kirsh (2009)
- Seeing Stars: Spectacle, Society and Celebrity Culture by Pramod K Nayar (2009)
This book explores the ways in which celebrities are ‘manufactured’, how they establish their hold on the public imagination, and how social responses enable them to be what they are.
- Young People in the European Digital Media Landscape. A Statistical Overview introduced by Sonia Livingstone and Leslie Haddon (2009) FREE
Please let us know about any new books you would like to see highlighted in the future!